To inform and engage with women within the University in accordance with the Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Act (1999) to ensure our equal opportunity policies and practices remain effective given the changing interests of women on campus.
Consultation processes will utilise new, flexible and responsive mechanisms based on technology to enable wide consultation.
The Women’s Reference Group will:
- Operate as a fluid group of interested women convened by the Equal Opportunity Unit via expression of interest on FlindersWIN.
- Ideally include a cross-section of women in different roles, of different ages, with different experiences, and from diverse backgrounds (academic staff & general staff), in all cost centres both in Adelaide and in areas outside Adelaide.
- Provide an avenue for women to raise issues of interest and provide feedback on equal opportunity and diversity matters (note that: feedback from the WRG may be referred to the Equal Opportunity & Diversity Committee, the Manager, Equal Opportunity and Diversity, and/or Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), Cost Centre Head and/or Human Resources and/or Academic & Student Services as appropriate, depending on the matter).
- Meet irregularly, but at least once a year.
- Have a representative on the Equal Opportunity & Diversity Committee.
- Be facilitated by a Senior Executive person.
Women’s Reference Group meetings and discussion topics will be convened by invitation through FlindersWIN listserver. To subscribe visit FlindersWIN.
Staff are also invited to send an email to the Manager, Equal Opportunity and Diversity:
Telephone - (08) 8201 3735
Fax - (08) 8201 2485
Email - Equal Opportunity and Diversity