The information on GST is not intended to be comprehensive. The aim is to explain the basics of the GST system and to highlight some of the contentious issues faced by Flinders University employees.
- What is GST?
- What is supply/acquisition?
- What is an Australian Business Number [ABN]?
- Who should register for GST?
- What is a Business Activity Statement [BAS] and when should it be completed?
- Requirements of a Valid Tax Invoice
- What if an ABN is shown but the words Tax Invoice are not shown?
- What is a Recipient Created Tax Invoice [RCTI] and when should it be issued?
- The importance of Flinders University being an Income Tax Exempt Charity [ITEC] and Deductible Gift Recipient [DGR].
- Procedures for receipting donations