Course type: Graduate entry
Availability (full-time or part-time): 1 year full-time (equivalent part-time)
Location: On campus
The Bachelor of Letters enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects.
The Sports Performance Coaching stream will enable you to:
- use appropriate programming that targets strength, power, hypertrophy and muscular endurance
- apply the principles of sport coaching
- evaluate existing resistance programs and make modifications if required
- explain the link between movement analysis of a chosen sport and the need to perform physiological testing
- demonstrate knowledge of how physiological testing fits into the annual plan of strength and conditioning coaches
- implement and interpret the results of a variety of field based physiological tests
- prescribe exercise as a result of field based physiological testing
- design a strength and conditioning program for a chosen team or individual
- identify the physiological demands of various sports and apply principles of strength and conditioning to improve athletes physiological functioning
- demonstrate knowledge of how skills in sport are acquired and can be improved to enhance performance
- demonstrate knowledge of a further area of interest relevant to sport performance (skill acquisition, biomechanics or psychology).
What will I study?
Course rule to be published.
Applicants must hold an approved bachelor degree or equivalent qualification.
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|CRICOS code:||This course is not available to international students|
|Mid year entry:||This course is not available to international students|
This course is not available to international students
|Course||Domestic students||International students|
|Bachelor of Letters (Sports Performance Coaching) (Graduate Entry)||
Place type: Commonwealth supported
|This course is not available to international students|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?