You should lodge your application no later than 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the relevant semester/teaching period. If you do not lodge your application by then it may not be processed in time for your enrolment.
For some courses, credit applications will only be assessed once the applicant has received an offer of admission to the course.
To apply for credit transfer, complete these steps.
- Download the
Credit transfer application form (PDF 98KB)
. If you have studied at Flinders, go to step 3.
- Attach the following documents:
- an Official Academic Transcript* which lists the topics you have completed and your grades. You must also provide an explanation of the grading system. If your academic transcript shows topics for which you have received credit you will need to provide earlier transcripts showing the grades you received for those topics.
- detailed descriptions/learning outcomes for the topics/subjects completed (syllabus) at the time when the study occurred.
- course outline explaining the structure of the program including topics covered, contact hours, duration of the program, and methods of assessment. This is not required if the course was undertaken at Flinders or if an articulation agreement is in place, (please check the credit transfer database).
- any prior correspondence you may have received from Flinders regarding this credit application.
- Access the Program of Study for the Flinders course. Find the topic description and competencies for each subject. To do this, click on the highlighted topic code and select 'Show educational aims and expected learning outcomes'.
- Compare the topics you have completed to the outcomes of the Flinders topics you need to undertake. If they meet these learning outcomes, you can apply for specified credit. If you need help please contact the course coordinator or faculty credit transfer officer. Unspecified credit may be granted for study which is equivalent in terms of level of study, but not equivalent in content/outcomes.
- Locate the relevant credit transfer officer. Submit your application no later than 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the relevant teaching period by lodging your application with supporting documentation.
Notification of credit application outcome and enrolment
You will receive notification outlining the credit transfer granted.
After receiving your Credit Transfer Notification you may need to change your study plan.