Everyone seeking credit transfer needs to lodge an application, including Flinders students transferring to another degree at Flinders.
You should lodge your application no later than 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the relevant semester/teaching period. If you do not lodge your application by then it may not be processed in time for your enrolment.
For some courses, credit applications will only be assessed once the applicant has received an offer of admission to the course.
To apply for credit transfer, complete these steps.
- Download the
Credit transfer application form (PDF 113KB)
. If you have studied at Flinders, go to step 3.
- Attach the following documents:
- an Official Academic Transcript* which lists the topics you have completed and your grades. You must also provide an explanation of the grading system. If your academic transcript shows topics for which you have received credit you will need to provide earlier transcripts showing the grades you received for those topics.
- detailed descriptions/learning outcomes for the topics/subjects completed (syllabus) at the time when the study occurred.
- course outline explaining the structure of the program including topics covered, contact hours, duration of the program, and methods of assessment. This is not required if the course was undertaken at Flinders or if an articulation agreement is in place, (please check the credit transfer database).
- any prior correspondence you may have received from Flinders regarding this credit application.
- Access the Program of Study for the Flinders course. Find the topic description and competencies for each subject. To do this, click on the highlighted topic code and select 'Show educational aims and expected learning outcomes'.
- Compare the topics you have completed to the outcomes of the Flinders topics you need to undertake. If they meet these learning outcomes, you can apply for specified credit. If you need help please contact the course coordinator or faculty credit transfer officer. Unspecified credit may be granted for study which is equivalent in terms of level of study, but not equivalent in content/outcomes.
- Submit your application no later than 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the relevant teaching period by lodging your application with supporting documentation.
For email applications:
- The subject of the email must be in the format Student ID (if known) Last Name, First name - course eg 213XXXX Smith, John- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Only attach relevant topic/syllabus outlines.
- Original (or certified) copies of academic transcripts must be mailed to the Faculty Office or presented at the Faculty Office for sighting before credit is awarded.
You will need to contact your relevant Faculty.
To find out which Faculty your course belongs to:
- future students can check the relevant course rule.
- new students can check their personal ‘5 steps to Flinders'
- Faculty of Education, Humanities and Law (email@example.com)
- Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Faculty of Science and Engineering (email@example.com)
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Location details for mail correspondence
All mail correspondence should be addressed as:
(Faculty, Location, eg Faculty of Education, Humanities and Law, Education Building)
GPO Box 2100
ADELAIDE SA 5001
- Faculty of Education, Humanities and Law (Education Building)
- Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences (Health Sciences Building)
- Faculty of Science and Engineering (Physical Sciences Building)
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (Social Sciences South)
Notification of credit application outcome and enrolment
You will receive notification outlining the credit transfer granted.
After receiving your Credit Transfer Notification you may need to change your study plan.
Contact your course coordinator or course administration officer for advice - refer to course advice details.