Postgraduate study applications

Students looking at undertaking postgraduate studies must normally have an undergraduate degree to begin studying any postgraduate course.

Flinders offers a range of graduate entry bachelor degrees, masters degrees, doctorates, graduate certificates, graduate diplomas and professional entry nursing courses. These courses are undertaken by coursework, research, or by a prescribed combination of both coursework and research streams.

A full list of postgraduate courses is available in the Postgraduate EzyGuide (PDF 1MB) .

Entry requirements

There are minimum entry requirements for each course. Applicants who do not meet the requirements may also be admitted (subject to specific conditions) at the discretion of the faculty offering the course.

Most graduate entry bachelor degrees, graduate certificates and graduate diplomas require a 3-year undergraduate degree from an Australian university or equivalent.

The normal minimum requirement for masters or PhD candidature is a 4 year honours degree or equivalent, with Second Class Honours (2A) or better, or a coursework masters with a distinction average. The Research Higher Degree of Doctor of Medicine normally requires applicants to hold a Bachelor of Medicine or Bachelor of Surgery.

Applicants with overseas qualifications require equivalent qualifications to those above.

Students who fall short of these entry requirements, or who wish to embark on higher degree work in a different field from that of their honours work, may be accepted.

Related links

Talk to us

To speak to a Prospective Student Advisor phone 1300 354 633

You can also:



Postgraduate applications are made through the South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre (SATAC), with the exception of the following coursework programs and Research Higher Degrees.


The following coursework degrees have separate application processes.

  • Doctor of Medicine - through the Graduate Australian Medical Schools Admissions process. Refer to Doctor of Medicine.

Research higher degrees

Applications for research degrees must be made direct to the University and must also include an outline of the proposed project or field of study.

Study a research higher degree further information

International students

If you are an international student, please see our international students website for entry requirements and application information.