Flinders Foundation Studies Program teaches you in clear and concrete terms how to be a successful university student and is a pathway to undergraduate study.
Why study Flinders Foundation Studies?
There is no cost to the Foundation Studies program and on completion you can apply for admission to most of Flinders undergraduate courses if you have:
- completed all four topics as outlined in the program
- attended at least 75% of the classes in which you have enrolled in each topic.
In the final part of the program details will be provided on how to begin your university studies.
Guaranteed entry to Flinders University
If you pass the program Flinders University will guarantee your entry to these undergraduate degrees:
- Arts | SATAC Code: 214031
- Business | SATAC Code: 214761
- Environment | SATAC Code: 224681
- Engineering Science | SATAC Code: 214811
- Government & Public Management | SATAC Code: 214671
- Information Technology | SATAC Code: 214201
- International Relations | SATAC Code: 224991
- Science | SATAC Code: 214331
- Theology | SATAC Code: 214361 (Internal) 214365 (External)
You can apply for most of our other courses too, but note that selection is competitive. Therefore it pays to work hard in your Foundation Studies to achieve the best results you can.
What will you study?
You will study these topics:
- Introduction to University Study through Academic Writing
- Developing the Skills of Academic Literacy
- Developing the Skills of Academic Numeracy
- Flinders University: An Introduction to Different Areas of Study
Where will you study?
The Foundation Studies program is available to study in Adelaide, and regional South Australia with our partner TAFE SA.
Who is eligible to apply?
This program is for Australian citizens or those with Australian permanent residency status and New Zealand citizens who have not previously studied at university.
This program is not available to students enrolled in Year 12 studies (South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) or equivalent) or to those who were eligible to be enrolled in Year 12 studies in the year that they wish to commence this course.
How to apply
More information about when applications are open, and the locations you can study, for:
How to enrol after you've received an offer
Once you have received an offer to Foundation Studies, you will need to enrol online, please download the Foundation Studies Enrolment Guide 2015 (PDF 2MB) for further information.
Contact Enrolment Services if you need help enrolling.