Adult entry

You can qualify for undergraduate study at Flinders through:

  • The Adult Entry/Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT): The Adult Entry/Special Tertiary (STAT) test is a two hour test consisiting of 70 multiple choice questions. There are no areas of assumed knowledge for the STAT as its main purpose is to assess your ability to study at tertiary level.
  • Flinders Foundation Studies: There are no prerequisites for entry into the Foundation Studies Program and on successful completion you can apply for admission into undergraduate courses for the following year.
  • TAFE/VET Study: A Certificate 3 or higher from TAFE or a recognised Registered Training Organisation (RTO) can be used to apply for the majority of undergraduate courses. If you have successfully completed a Certificate 4 or higher from TAFE or an RTO you can gain guaranteed entry into a range of undergraduate courses under the TAFElink program. Refer to TAFE to Uni for further information.

  • Higher Education Study: If you have studied more than 18 units at Flinders, or a different university you can use your GPA to apply for entry into the majority of undergraduate courses at Flinders under the higher education transfer program.

  • Year 12 qualifications: regardless of when you finished Year 12, you can still use your results as a basis for your application to Flinders. Refer to Year 12 entry .

Personal competencies/employment experience

Some of our courses consider personal competencies and/or employment experience.

Find out more...

Do you want to discuss your options?

Do you want information on how to change your preferences, pathway degrees, admission requirements or pathways to Flinders so that you can get into the course of your choice?

You can make an appointment with a Prospective Student Advisor at either our Bedford Park Campus or at our City presence.

T (08) 8201 3074 or 1300 657 671 (local call cost)


Chat online with us
inspiring achievement