Adult entry to university via the STAT is available if you:
- are finding it difficult to embark on a satisfying career without university study
- completed Year 12 but not at a high enough standard for admission to the course of your choice
- are already established in a career, perhaps having studied at apprenticeship level or having pursued a TAFE/VET vocational course.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible to compete in the special entry subquota using the STAT:
- you must be aged 18 or over before 1 February for Semester 1 entry or 1 July for Semester 2 entry, and
- if you have studied at higher education level in the last two years you must not have accumulated more than the equivalent of a total of two full-time years of higher education study or
- if you have studied at higher education level and you have accumulated more than the equivalent of a total of two full-time years of higher education study, at least two full academic years must have passed since your last enrolment in higher education study.