Student Learning Centre
The Student Learning Centre helps students make their learning experience at Flinders as productive as possible.
It is specifically designed to help students adjust to their first year of study, but offers assistance to all students throughout their time at university.
The centre is well known for its EXCELerate course tailored to suit the needs of all commencing students. During the year, academic support is provided to individuals or through specific sessions and programs integrated into undergraduate courses.
- critical thinking and problem solving skills
- note taking and note making
- effective reading and oral presentations
- developing an academic argument
- performing better in exams
- English language skills
- academic writing
- research skills
- using referencing systems.
The Flinders University Student Association (FUSA) provides academic advocacy for Flinders University students.
Information is available about:
- the University's assessment policies
- how to apply for a supplementary exam
- how to request a re-mark or appeal against a final mark or preclusion
- 'show cause' letter
- advocacy on issues regarding academic integrity & dishonesty breaches
- plagiarism, collusion, falsification, misconduct & double submission of work
- passing or improving a grade
- review of student progress (GPA).
For further information visit the Flinders University Student Association website.
Research Higher Degree Professional Development Program
A Professional Development Program for research higher degree students is run by the Office of Graduate Research. It includes sessions on research skills and management, academic writing, publications and structuring a thesis, presentations and generic computer skills. The Office of Graduate Research also has a variety of other resources.