1. Check whether your home institution has a Cotutelle or jointly awarded PhD policy.

  2. Visit the Office of Graduate Research (OGR) website and familiarise yourself with the information about Cotutelle degrees and the Flinders University Cotutelle policy. Please also read the FAQs for International Students.

  3. Locate and secure a Supervisor at Flinders University. For assistance, please contact the Office of Graduate Research by email at gradresearch@flinders.edu.au.

  4. Obtain approval and endorsement in writing from your home university (including permission from your home Supervisor).

  5. Download the information suite, which includes application guidelines, Cotutelle Agreement Template and application for admission forms.

  6. Contact both your overseas and your Flinders Supervisor to assist you with drafting the Cotutelle Agreement. You will need to include details about the language that you will use in your thesis and abstract. You will also need to consider examination procedures, including in what language the defence will be conducted.  In addition, include the dates that you intend to be on campus pursuing your doctoral study at Flinders.

  7. Obtain endorsement for the Cotutelle from your Flinders University Dean of School, Executive Dean and Research Higher Degrees Committee. Your Flinders Supervisor will be able to advise and assist you with this.

  8. Once your Cotutelle Agreement has been drafted and you have obtained all permissions from your Flinders Supervisor, Dean of School, College Executive Dean and College Research Higher Degrees Committee, submit your application suite (complete with research proposal and admission information) to the Dean of Graduate Research, Professor Tara Brabazon.  You can do this by emailing the Postgraduate Research Pathways and International Project Officer, Ms Emily Davis, at emily.davis@flinders.edu.au.

  9. Once the Dean of Graduate Research has examined and endorsed your application, the Flinders Cotutelle Committee will be convened to determine whether your application has been successful.

  10. If you are successful you will be notified in writing. You will then contact the International Centre to complete your admission and enrolment at Flinders. You will also need to make an application for a student visa as well as arrange for your travel, health cover, living expenses and accommodation. The International Centre can provide you with information about these matters.

  11. If you require further information, please contact the Office of Graduate Research via email at gradresearch@flinders.edu.au or by phone on 61-8-8201 5893.