An intensive language support program for international and NESB HDR students
The WriteSkills Program aims to assist international and NESB students with their written and oral communication skills and provide academic support and guidance throughout their candidature.
The Program includes one-on-one tutoring and group sessions to address the following issues:
- academic language and writing styles
- thesis structure and argument
- grammar and expression
- editing and peer review
WriteSkills aims to provide support for students and supervisors, allowing supervisors more time to focus on content related feedback, and providing support for students in their articulation and expression of this feedback within their writing.
This is not a proofreading or editing service. Rather, students are encouraged to identify their own writing issues and work with an academic advisor and in small groups to address those issues and improve their academic writing.
Eligible HDR students can book a time with an Academic Advisor, Dr Melanie Kinsman or Dr Anne Spencer, for one hour at a time through FLO at the REST FLO page .
What previous participants have said:
- The best thing about the program was connecting to the skilled people to improve the English language skill.
- I took part in the writing program in order to correct my paper for publication. The staff from the program patiently read through all my writing and showed me where the weakness. I appreciate this.
- I was provided with someone who can provide insight without having a vested interest.