An intensive language support program for international and NESB RHD candidates
The WriteSkills Program aims to assist international and NESB candidates with their written and oral communication skills and provide academic support and guidance throughout their candidature.
The Program includes one-on-one tutoring and group sessions to address the following issues:
- academic language and writing styles
- thesis structure and argument
- grammar and expression
- editing and peer review
WriteSkills aims to provide support for candidates and supervisors, allowing supervisors more time to focus on content related feedback, and providing support for candidates in their articulation and expression of this feedback within their writing.
This is not a proofreading or editing service. Rather, candidates are encouraged to identify their own writing issues and work with an academic advisor and in small groups to address those issues and improve their academic writing.
Eligible RHD candidates can book a time to the Academic Advisor, Alison Thorsteinsen, for one hour at a time through the ‘RHD Student Web Space’ page available to all RHD candidates through FLO at flo.flinders.edu.au
What previous participants have said:
- The best thing about the program was connecting to the skilled people to improve the English language skill.
- I took part in the writing program in order to correct my paper for publication. The staff from the program patiently read through all my writing and showed me where the weakness. I appreciate this.
- I was provided with someone who can provide insight without having a vested interest.
For more information about this program, refer to the RHD FLO site or email email@example.com