Flinders University employees can become a member of the BUPA/Flinders University Employee Health Plan and receive a range of benefits.
The Flinders University Employee Health Plan provides a range of benefits including:
- If you go to hospital, Flinders University pays your excess. Choose one of our specially selected covers and if you go to hospital, Flinders University will pay the excess or co-payment that normally applies.*
- Claim more from day one. We’ll waive the two month waiting period on extras.#
- A single room or money back.^ You’ll get a single room at our extensive network of Members First hospitals or $50 for every day you’re not in one.
- Gap free physio, general dental and optical for kids. When you take out hospital and selected extras cover with us and visit a Members First dentist, your kids' general dental and physio is gap free until they are 25.†
- No re-serving waiting periods. If you currently have health cover and switch to an equivalent cover with us, you won’t have to re-serve your waiting periods.
- Access to our Living Well Program. Living Well provides practical support to help you reach your goals by covering some of the costs for health related initiatives, including First Aid Courses, Nicotine Replacement Therapy, Weight Management Programs, kids swimming lessons, Gym Membership Fees, Yoga and Pilates courses.
Cover for other health care services
If you use services like dental or physiotherapy, Extras Cover is a great idea. BUPA offers a wide range of Extras Cover options from basic to top, to suit a variety of needs. You can mix and match your choice of Hospital and Extras Cover to create the health insurance package that's right for you. Whether you're single, a couple or a family, we have a cover that can suit your needs and lifestyle.
Convenient payment options
To join or for further information please call Kate Hussey on 0432 750 862, drop into your local BUPA Centre or email email@example.com and mention the Flinders University Employee Health Plan.
Local BUPA Centre
Shop 1038 Westfield Marion Shopping Centre
Corner Diagonal and Sturt Road
Oaklands Park SA 5046
Telephone: (08) 8375 6100
Facsmile (08) 8296 6688
If you are already a BUPA member, you can enjoy the benefits of the Flinders University Employee Health Plan. Just call BUPA and mention you are a Flinders University employee to transfer your cover.
*Excess offer available on Corporate Hospital Top Cover Level 2, Corporate Hospital Intermediate Cover Level 2 and Corporate Hospital Saver Cover Level 2. Co-payment offer available on Young Singles/Couples Choice, Young Singles Saver.
**Discount excludes Active Sports Saver.
#All other waiting periods apply. New BUPA Australia members only.
^For an overnight admission booked at least the day before. Excludes nursing home type patients, emergencies or where deemed medically inappropriate. †Excludes orthodontics. At Members First dentists on benefits payable. Available on Family hospital covers with General, Premier or Ultimate Extras. Excludes hospital treatment. Child dependants only. Normal fund dental rules apply.