Please select the Casual link below which is appropriate to your casual staff member's employment type.


Casual Academics

Administration for Casual Academic Engagements/Offer of Work and Payments is managed through FlindersPro.

For detailed information, go to Engaging and Paying Casual Academics.


Other Useful Links for managing Casual Academics


Casual Professionals

 Administration for Casual Professionals is managed through FlindersPro for the Engagement process and then through the Employee Self Service (ESS) for the Payment process.

Casual Professional Engagement through FlindersPro
For detailed information, go to Engaging Casual Professionals.

Casual Professional Payments / Timesheets through ESS
For detailed information, go to Approval Instructions for Casual Professional Staff.

Casual Professional Extensions
Supervisors have the ability to reactivate or cease casual jobs online through the ESS Occupancy Change Request (OCR) function.
For detailed information, go to Occupancy Change Requests for Casual Jobs.


NOTE:  The Engagement of Casual Staff in the School of Medicine is not managed through FlindersPro.  Please refer to Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences.

Pursuant to the Children's Protection Act 1993 (SA) where the casual employee is to perform a prescribed function(s) they will be required to obtain a child-related employment screening as a condition of engagement.  The casual employee will be responsible for the cost of the employment screening.  The casual employee cannot commence work with the University until satisfactory screening clearance has been received.

Further Information for Managing Casuals

WHS Induction

All staff are required to undertake general and site / work specific WHS Induction.  Supervisors are responsible for ensuring that new staff receive the Mandatory WHS Induction and training on their first day at work.

Conflict of Interest

Please ensure your casual staff member is aware of the University's expectations around Conflict of Interest.