Eligible employees can salary sacrifice University Car Parking, this benefit is Fringe Benefits Tax exempt.
Employees can purchase a car parking permit via the online payment system, on completion of the online payment a Tax Invoice/Receipt will be emailed to the address provided. Employees can salary sacrifice their car parking fee by forwarding the email containing the Tax Invoice to firstname.lastname@example.org and in accordance with the below requirements:
- The email request must contain the Tax Invoice and be sent from your staff email account.
- If you choose not to pay online you must scan the parking receipt and email this from your staff email account.
- A short note must be included advising you are requesting to salary sacrifice your car parking fee from future earnings.
- Your 6 digit Employee Number must be included in the email request.
- You must meet the eligible criteria.
- Your email request is your acknowledgment that you have read, understood and agree to Flinders University Salary Sacrifice Terms and Conditions.
Your taxable income will be reduced by the cost of the parking fee and the tax will be refunded.
When purchasing a parking permit between January 2017 - March 2017, please be advised your tax refund will be processed in pay ending 31 March 2017.
Flinders ONEfitness membership
Eligible employees can salary sacrifice membership fees to Flinders ONEfitness, this benefit is Fringe Benefits Tax exempt.
Employees wishing to do so must contact the Flinders Sport and Fitness Centre on 08 8201 2842 or email@example.com and complete the required paper work. When completing these forms you can elect to sacrifice your fees on an annual or fortnightly basis.
The Flinders Sport and Fitness Centre will forward the relevant forms to Payroll Services, the salary sacrifice deductions will commence from the next available pay.
Any proposed changes to the payments must be discussed with the Flinders Sport and Fitness Centre.