Flinders University is a member of the following networks and alliances:
The International Network of Universities is a worldwide partnership of recognised, quality universities which are cooperating to provide an expanded range of subjects for their students and to undertake innovative academic ventures.
Flinders University's partner institutions in the INU are:
- Hiroshima University (Japan)
- James Madison University (USA)
- Kyung Hee University (Korea)
- Malmo University (Sweden)
- Ritsumeikan University (Japan)
- Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (Japan)
- Universita Cattolica Del Sacro Coure (Italy)
- Universitas Katolik Parahyanagan (Indonesia)
- Universitat Rovira Virgili (Spain)
For more information, visit the INU website.
Flinders University is a member of Innovative Research Universities (IRU) . IRU Australia aims to promote collaboration between member universities across a wide number of areas including:
- teaching and learning
- academic staff development
- management and leadership training
- library management.
Flinders is a member of Education Adelaide (along with the South Australian Government, the City of Adelaide Council, and the other South Australian universities). This is an initiative that provides for state level marketing of South Australia as an education destination. The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (International and Communities) is a member of its board.
Education Adelaide facilitates collaboration in relation to international marketing and promotional activities. It also undertakes the collection and dissemination of information on student markets, and provides an interface with the community about city-wide support services for international students.