Students can choose from the extensive range of discipline areas offered at Flinders.
The following list of study areas are not available to exchange and study abroad students:
- Topics offered by the School of Medicine
- Nursing and midwifery topics
- Archaeology field school
- Drama topics requiring audition
- Education practicum
- Research topics
Postgraduate topics may be available to students who meet the relevant pre-requisites.
To view our full list of topics check our online listing.
When planning your study plan, it is important to keep in mind that:
- Some topics have required knowledge/prerequisites that must be completed to be able to enrol.
- Some topics are not offered every semester.
- Flinders topics are valued at 4.5 units each.
- Students normally take topics at first, second or third year level (1000 – 1999, 2000 – 2999 and 3000 – 3999).
- Exchange or study abroad students are required to be enrolled in no less than 13.5 units and no more than 18 units per semester.
Enrolling in topics:
Once you have accepted your offer of study with us you can begin the topic enrolment process.
- Student returns the completed Flinders Topic Approval Form to the Learn Without Borders (LWB) team.
- LWB staff will seek approval on the student’s behalf for their proposed study plan from the individual topic coordinators.
- LWB staff advises the student of the topics approved in the study plan for confirmation and the student confirms the proposed topics.
- As soon as we receive confirmation from the student, LWB will send a request to Enrolment Services for the topics to be included in the student’s study plan and send an email to the student that a request has been lodged.
- Enrolment Services will contact the student when the study plan is processed.
- Students will then register in classes as per advice from Enrolment Services.