- The International Centre receives completed Flinders “Topic Approval Form” from the students.
- The International Centre contacts the individual topic coordinators to request approval for enrolment.
- International Centre receives approval from the individual topic coordinators*.
- International Centre advises the student of the topics approved in the study plan for confirmation.
- Student confirms topics to be included in the study plan.
- As soon as confirmation is received from the student, International Centre will send a request to Enrolment Services for the topics to be included in the student’s study plan and at the same time send an email advising the student that a request has been lodged.
- Enrolment Services will advise the student if study plan is ready for registration.
- Student will be able to continue steps to register in classes.
*NOTE: There are times that some topics may not be approved due to insufficient academic background or for any other reasons like it may be full, not running in the semester, etc. In this case, students advised to supply alternate topics.
Semester 1 (February to June period)
This intake marks the start of the academic year and topics will be confirmed and published at Flinders website in early November of the previous year. Therefore, the process of topic approval may take place around that time commencing in early December to February of the following year.
- December-receiving of final list of topics, recording and filing process
- January-topics are circulated to relevant topic coordinators for prerequisite waiver request
- February-receiving of prerequisite waivers and advising students for enrolment and class registration
Semester 2 (July to November period)
The process of topic approval may take place from early June when all Flinders offers have been accepted by students and have provided a completed Flinders “Topic Approval Form”.
- Late May to June-receiving of final list of topics, recording and filing process
- June to July-topics are circulated to relevant topic coordinators for prerequisite waiver request
- July-receiving of prerequisite waivers and advising students for enrolment and class registration
**It is assured that study plans will be arranged and be enrolled online before the student’s arrival to Flinders University.