About the Program
The ‘Engineering internships with Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP), Singapore’ project is a collaboration to support Flinders University undergraduate engineering students to travel to Singapore for academic and cross-cultural immersion purposes.
The project will provide Flinders students with a unique experience as they work with a leading innovation cluster at NYP, being exposed to technologies that they would not otherwise be exposed to in Australia.
This project will pave the way for future collaborations between NYP and Flinders in two mutual areas of strategic importance: biomedical engineering and nanotechnology. At NYP, Biomedical Sciences is rapidly expanding due to the Singaporean government’s initiative to develop Singapore into a leading global biomedical hub.
September 2018 to January 2019, a 20-week placement
6 places are available in 2018/19 – for Biomedical, Mechanical and Robotics students.
An A$7,000 New Colombo Plan Mobility grant may be awarded to eligible students.
The grant will cover most of the associated cost of the overseas program. These are as follows but not limited to:
- Airfares: approximately ~$950 return
- Accommodation: Twin share: ~$300 per person per room (with attached bath), ~$250 per person per room (without attached bath) per month plus utilities. Single room rate: ~$550 per person per room (with attached bath), ~$500 per person per room (without attached bath)
- Food and other per diem expenses
Students may also be eligible for an OS-HELP loan up to AUD$7,998 to cover any additional expenses.
All engineering students eligible to enrol in ‘ENGR3710 International Engineering Practicum’ in the College of Science and Engineering.
Regardless of their age, all students must:
- hold an Australian citizenship
- not have been born in Singapore
- have a current GPA of 5.0 or higher for their overall studies, or a GPA of 5.0 or higher for at least two years of their studies so far. Credit: For the topic ENGR3710 International Engineering Practicum. Acknowledgement of the New Colombo Plan (NCP) Award on your academic transcript.
How to apply
Interested students should consult with the relevant College Office or Mr David Hobbs before applying, to ensure that the program is acceptable for credit towards their Flinders University degree.
- School of Engineering and the Biomedical Engineering program taught at NYP
- Nanotechnology & Materials Science:
- Projects relating to Biomedical Engineering and Nanotechnology & Materials Science:
- Mechatronics Programme: