The exchange application process is a 2 part process. The first part is the application to Flinders exchange program and the second part involves application to the host university.
Five steps to applying!
Before commencing the application process please ensure you have:
- Sought advice from the Flinders International Learn Without Borders Team.
- Researched your desired destination and topics available.
- Create an AskFlinders query (click "Request Support" at the bottom of the page), select Area>Enrolments and Enrolments Area>Credit from the drop down fields, and submit the following questions:
- Based on my study plan, is it possible to complete a semester exchange and when is the best time to go?
- Can I use electives or do I need to match core topics?
Part 1: Flinders exchange application
||Submit a Study plan approval form (PDF 57KB) via AskFlinders to obtain the credit letter (PDF 56KB) (sample only).|
||Write a 500 word statement of purpose outlining:
||Obtain a written reference from two Flinders academic staff members. Provide the Academic reference letter-guidelines (PDF 79KB) to your potential referees. The reference letter should be written in MS Word document under the referee's Flinders University personalised letterhead.*short term programs require only one written reference.|
||Complete a financial planner (PDF 52KB) . *Not required for short term programs.|
Part 2: Completing the host university exchange application form.
What happens next?
We acknowledge receipt of your application and assess your application after the relevant closing date.
|Stage 2||We will notify you via email of the outcome of your Flinders exchange application.
|Stage 3||If successful in Flinders exchange application, we nominate you as an exchange student to your chosen host university.|
We provide an application form from your host university to complete.
||You apply for financial assistance by the relevant deadline.
If accepted by host university, we will send you confirmation correspondence.
||You attend the mandatory Pre-departure sessions.