The China Scholarship Council (CSC) and Flinders University (FU) have established a collaborative scholarship program offering a small number of full fee-waiver scholarships to international students from selected 985 Chinese Universities to undertake research PhD studies at Flinders University.The purpose of the program is to establish strong working links with Chinese universities to build relationships around key academic research areas in health sciences and science and engineering.
The Flinders China Scholarship (FCS) provides:
- a living allowance
- full payment of tuition fees
- overseas student health cover (OSHC)
- visa application fees
- a return international fare between China and Australia
Scholarship Research AreasThe scholarships are available to students who want to enrol in a PhD degree with either the Faculty of Science and Engineering or the Faculty of Health Sciences.
Prospective applicants should research their proposed study area and identify a potential supervisor using the links provided below.It is advisable to contact a Flinders academic staff member in your identified area of research prior to applying to ascertain whether your research project can be accommodated.
- View Science and Engineering research focus areas and potential supervisors.
- View Health Sciences research focus areas and potential supervisors.
Eligibility CriteriaTo be eligible for these scholarships candidates must:
- be citizens and permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) at the time of application
- be from one of the selected 985 Chinese Universities from the CSC - Flinders program
- not working or studying abroad
- return to PRC upon completion of their research degree program at Flinders University
- meet academic entry requirements for admission to a PhD at Flinders University, including English language proficiency requirements
- intend to undertake research in one of the areas identified by Flinders University and CSC as listed above
- satisfy CSC criteria by completing the CSC application form and CSC employer reference form
- meet Flinders University candidate guidelines
Application Deadline1 March 2013
How to ApplyApplicants must apply to Flinders University as well as the CSC and have approval from their home Chinese university.
- Identify your proposed research area.
- Complete the FCS expression of interest form.
- Discuss your application with an academic staff member at your home university. Your home university will need to support your application. Complete the CSC Home Country Support form.
- Complete the Application Form (PDF 738KB) and Academic Referee's Confidential Report (PDF 470KB) . You will need to submit with your application certified documentation including transcripts, evidence of your English Language Proficiency (refer to the application form for minimum requirements), a CV (including any research publications and professional membershipa) and any correspondence you have had with academic staff at Flinders University.
- Send the completed application form, academic referee’s confidential report, CSC Home Country support form and all supporting documentation to the International Office at Flinders University.
- Submit your CSC application to the CSC. The CSC application form, CSC employer reference form and instructions are available on the CSC website.
China Scholarships Council, Xiaopeng
Flinders University, International Office
Tel: +61 8 8201 2727