Program Title: CISAustralia
Program Location: Europe, Middle East, South East Asia, Africa, South America, or USA
CISAustralia is dedicated to providing Australians innovative, high quality overseas study, intern and volunteer experiences while promoting global awareness, inspiring personal growth and developing engaged world citizens.
Program Dates: Varies between programs
Open To: Undergraduate students
Application Deadline: varies; check the CISAustralia website for details http://www.cisaustralia.com.au/
Eligibility: completion of 18 units with an overall GPA of 5.0, or completion of 36 units with an overall GPA of 4.0; formal credit letter from course coordinator and College Office.
How to apply:
Step 1 Check eligibility with Flinders University
- Check if you meet eligibility to study overseas as a Flinders student. Note some CISAustralia programs may have additional requirements.
- Academic results can be an unofficial transcript or printable version of your results from the Student System.
Step 2 Obtain a credit letter
- Complete a study plan approval form (Your college will obtain your course coordinator’s signature on your behalf once you submit Ask Flinders)
- Submit an online request via Ask Flinders request and obtain a credit letter from your College.
>>> Scroll down and select "Request Support" at the bottom of the page
>>> Select Area>Enrolments and Enrolments Area>Credit from the drop down list to submit your request.
>>> Attach your study approval form and any other relevant documentation.
Step 3 Apply with CISAustralia
- Submit a copy of your credit letter to CISAustralia to indicate that you obtained the approval from Flinders University and are ready to apply.
- Follow CISAustralia application process.
Apply for financial assistance:
- RA Simpson International Scholarship ($500) – applications for S1 2019 round open from 1 September 2018 - close 15 October 2018.
- OS Help Loan ($6,665 if you will be studying outside of Asia or $7,998 if you will be studying in Asia for 2018).
Contact the Scholarships team via Ask Flinders for all financial assistance enquiries.
Flinders travel insurance:
- Flinders students are eligible to obtain Flinders travel insurance to study overseas.
- Register online through the Student Travel Insurance Portal after you pay a deposit to CISaustralia.
- Email the Risk and Insurance office or call on 8201 3793 if you have questions.
Get recognition for your international experience
Going overseas to study, volunteer or for an internship is an exciting life experience. It can also add huge value to your employability. Make the most of your international experience with the Flinders Horizon Professional Development Award. The Horizon Award is a free program for all Flinders students who want to add to their university experience and make themselves more employable. Find out more now
Do you have questions?
- Please contact the Learn without Borders Team at Flinders University if you are not sure about applying for CISAustralia.