Program Title: Summer NTU 2016
Program Location: Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Program Overview: GEM Trailblazer summer programmes offers you the opportunity to study at NTU, a young and research intensive University in Singapore, and the fastest rising university in the world's top 50. The unique summer programmes shall open up fascinating Asian cultural experiences and opportunities to enhance your future business career in Asia.
Students can select 1 class from the following options:
ET9132 Entrepreneurial Accounting and Finance (3 AU) 5-11 July
ET9133 Managing Growing Enterprises (3 AU) 13-20 July
Program Dates: 5 to 11 July, 2016 or 13 to 20 July 2016
Open to: Undergraduate students
Application Deadline: Saturday, 30 April 2016 (extended)
Eligibility: Completion of 36 units with a minimum overall GPA of 4.5; formal credit letter from course coordinator and Faculty Office.
Credit: On completion, students may be eligible to receive 4.5 units of general elective credit towards their Flinders Bachelor of Business degree.
Costs: As a Flinders exchange partner, students do not pay tuition fees to Nanyang Technological University.
Flinders students are responsible for the travel and personal expenses i.e. airfares, accommodation, meals, visa costs, Flinders travel and health insurance* in addition to the following charges payable to NTU:
• Administrative fee = SGD800
• Material fee = SGD230
• On-campus accommodation fee (twin share room) = SGD$30 per day (excluding meal plan and air-conditioner usage. Excluding the 7% Goods and Services Tax)
• Further information on costs: http://global.ntu.edu.sg/GMP/GEMTrailblazer/SummerProgramme/Beforeyouapply/Pages/SummerFees_.aspx
• It is compulsory for students to be housed in the allocated on-campus accommodation
• Meals are not included. Students can purchase meals at the Hall of Residence canteens or at food places around the NTU campus and outside campus. There are no fully equipped kitchens at the hall for students to cook their meals
• Further information; http://global.ntu.edu.sg/GMP/GEMTrailblazer/SummerProgramme/Beforeyouapply/Pages/Accommodation.aspx
* Students are required to purchase the NTU Group Hospital and Surgical Insurance (GHSI) which is included in the Administrative fee. Flinders recommends purchasing additional personal travel insurance coverage if you plan to travel before or after the SummerNTU 2016 program.
Information on Flinders Travel Insurance: http://www.flinders.edu.au/integritygovernancerisk/insurance/travel-insurance/business-and-study-travel-insurance.cfm
Financial Assistance: To cover the associated costs, students can apply for a RA Simpson International Scholarship (valued at $500) and an OS Help loan (valued up to $7,764). Applications are submitted online via the Scholarships Office website www.flinders.edu.au/scholarships. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply:
1. Contact the Learn Without Borders team for initial assessment of study and eligibility
2. Meet with the relevant Faculty Admin Officer to receive credit approval to participate and obtain a formal credit letter.
- Carolyn Cousins, Student Program Advisor Flinders Business School
Email: Carolyn Cousins Phone: 08 8201 2195
3. Applicants apply directly to NTU via the online application form at; http://global.ntu.edu.sg/GMP/GEMTrailblazer/SummerProgramme/Whenyouapply/Pages/ApplicationCriteria.aspx
You will need to upload the following supporting documents to your online application;
• Latest official transcript in English (signed by the Registrar and should include the university's seal), reflecting all courses taken in PDF format (<600kb)
• Clear, coloured passport-size photo in JPEG format (<60kb; 400(W) x 514(H) pixels) Click here for the photo guidelines.
• Clear scanned coloured copy of passport information page (valid for at least 6 months from the commencement of your exchange at NTU) in JPEG format (<200kb)
4. Following submission, please forward the application acknowledgment email to the Learn Without Borders team (email@example.com)
Further Information on the Program: • http://global.ntu.edu.sg/GMP/GEMTrailblazer/SummerProgramme/Pages/SummerNTU.aspx
• Contact the Learn Without Borders team