Program Title: Occupational Therapy Asian Fieldwork Placements
Program Location: Dili & surrounds, Timor Leste
Students will be based in a hospital or rehabilitation centre in Dili Students will generally be located in pairs with in these centres. University tutors will directly support the placements in Timor Leste. Pre-departure workshops will provide orientation and preparation.
Program Dates: July 30th to Sept 23rd 2017
Places Available: Up to 4
Open To: Second Year Master of Occupational Therapy Students
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted by Dec 20th 2016
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Meet the eligibility to study overseas at the time of application
• Have completed the other first year and second year topics from the Master of Occupational with a GPA of 5
• Have passed all assessment components of previous placements ;
• Be enrolled in OCCT9009 Clinical Practicum 3;
• Be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
Credit: 9 Units (fieldwork placement topic OCCT9009)
Each eligible student will receive a $2,000 scholarship and will be expected to contribute additional amounts from their own funds to cover all the anticipated costs. All funds must be deposited into a university account nominated by Brenton Kortman.
Students may be eligible to apply for an OS Help Loan from the Australian Government.
The Asia Postgraduate subsidy will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the extent to which an applicant’s proposed program of study will enhance their Flinders University studies by providing an international perspective.
How to Apply:
Interested students should compile on expression of interest and email this to Brenton.Kortman@flinders.edu.au by the closing date. This should be no more than 300 words and address:
• What outcomes they expect in terms of their learning from the experience
• What they consider the likely challenges to be in undertaking the placements
• How this experience will develop their knowledge and skills as occupational therapists
Further information can be provided by contacting Dr. Brenton Kortman, Course Coordinator, Occupational Therapy Brenton.Kortman@flinders.edu.au or phone 7221 8287.