Program Title: Work the World Medical Electives
Program Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia; Iloilo and Batangas, Philippines; Pokhara and Kathmandu, Nepal; Anuradhapura and Kandy, Sri Lanka
At Work the World we specialise in tailoring overseas healthcare elective placements with each of our destinations providing a unique and exciting insight into healthcare in the developing world.
Our core services focus on taking away the stresses and avoiding the pitfalls associated with organising a placement independently. We cover every element of your experience from the moment you apply. This includes expert tailoring of your placement, providing comfortable private accommodation, delivering an unmatched level of guidance and preparation before you go, and ensuring clinical supervision and 24/7 support while you're on the ground.
Program Dates: available for Terms 1 to 4, 2018
Places Available: 3
Open To: The program is open to *eligible 4th year MD students.
* Students must be in good academic standing. They must not have a directed term allocated to them as a result of an outstanding SWaP Committee issue or as a result of academic performance in year 3.
Application Deadline: 8 December 2017
- Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian permanent visa
- Year 3 GPA will be obtained by the MCD office
- Motivation statement must be provided with your application
- Placement undertaken, approved or pending approval for Terms 1 to 4, 2018
- Evidence of placement confirmation in one of the nominated countries
Credit: As per elective terms in the MD
Costs: The Asia postgraduate grant of up to $2,000 per student to participate in this program are available to assist with related costs such as airfares; visas and other travel documentation; travel and personal health insurance; food; transport and other general expenses.
An additional grant of $1,000 per student is also available for language training.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit the following documentation to Lucy Gillam at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Student Elective Application form – a partially completed application form will be accepted as intention to apply
- Evidence of registration with Work the World (placement provider) for one of the eligible countries
- Motivational statement (200 words) detailing expectations of the electives
Work the World – www.worktheworld.com.au