Sun-drenched South Australia is the driest of all Australian states with expansive semi-desert areas in the far outback. You won’t find
many of us living in the desert though!
South Australia’s capital city Adelaide is home to 80% of the region’s population of roughly 1.65 million.
Adelaide is home to many attractions which cater for a range of interests, so you will never be short of things to see, places to go and activities to get involved in.
Adelaide boasts everything from historic landmarks and monuments such as Parliament House and the Old Adelaide Gaol, to Haighs
Chocolate Visitors Centre, where you can indulge in a sweet treat or two!
Put on your walking shoes for some serious shopping through Adelaide's vibrant malls and shopping strips or explore Adelaide's zoos, botanical gardens, art galleries and museums.
Did you know?
- Adelaide is ranked as Australia’s most liveable city in 2011 according to the Nation Property Council of Australia
- The cost of living and quality of education are top reasons for choosing Adelaide
- Adelaide is a safe and friendly City
- Adelaide combines affordability with a high standard of living
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) cost of living index for 2010 states that:
- Sydney and Melbourne are 23% more expensive than Adelaide
- Brisbane is now 11% (up from 9% last yr) more expensive
- Perth is now 12% (up from 9% last yr) more expensive
- Adelaide is the only major world city completely surrounded by parklands.
You are spoilt for choice in terms of housing at Flinders University whether you choose to live on campus or seek private accommodation
in Adelaide. Flinders is the only university in Adelaide with on-campus housing. Flinders Living accommodates 560 students living on
the University campus, with 50% of the residents international, coming from more than 30 different countries around the world.
Living on campus is a great way to make new friends and enhance your University experience in an exciting and thriving student
Accommodates 224 students in furnished single rooms, with meals provided. Learn more.
Deirdre Jordan Village
Self- catered accommodation for 306 students in townhouses and units. Learn more.
Flinders Living can also help with short term accommodation, temporary accommodation and offer reputable sources to find
permanent private housing.
Take me to the Flinders Living section of the Website.
|Student Exchange||Students pay their usual tuition fees to their home university. |
|Study Abroad||The Study Abroad fee of AUD$9000 per semester (2013 fee only) covers tuition, administrative costs, one academic transcript on completion and any laboratory fee.|