Jabber is a collaboration tool that will enrich the way we communicate with one another. All Flinders University staff with an active FAN can access jabber and use it for instant messaging and real time presence information of work colleagues.
Flinders University Staff with a video enabled phone can be given access to the Jabber softphone feature enabling users to make and answer calls from their desktop, laptop or their mobile phone. To enable this feature please contact the ITS helpdesk.
What can Jabber do for you?
- Quickly see the availability of work colleagues
- Instant messaging from your computer to other jabber users
- Make and receive calls on your desktop or laptop
- Desktop sharing for training, document reviews etc
- Use Outlook to view a work colleagues availability and connect with them. Watch this short video to see how it works.
- Jabber Softphone on a mobile device to make and receive calls to your desk phone on your mobile. For more information click here.
For more information on Jabber features click here.
All staff on the University network with a University managed desktop or laptop will have a Jabber icon available on your device accessible from your start menu on windows and in applications on Apple Mac devices.
To see what features are available to you, depending on your location and device please click here.