Installing and using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client on Android Mobile Devices
Requires Android 4.0 or later
Screenshots were taken on a Samsung Galaxy Tab running Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Some windows and dialog boxes may appear different on other mobile hardware or operating system versions.
Installing the App
- Tap the following link to open the Google Play Store page for the AnyConnect ICS app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cisco.anyconnect.vpn.android.avf&hl=en
- Install the AnyConnect ICS app (you may be prompted for your Google Play account information)
- Open the AnyConnect app from the home screen or App Drawer
- Tap the ‘Add New VPN Connection...' button to bring up the Connection Editor (shown below)
- Tap description, type Flinders and tap OK
- Tap Server Address, type vpn.flinders.edu.au and tap OK
- Tap the Done button at the bottom of the screen to return to the main screen.
Connecting to the VPN
Tap either Flinders under ‘Choose a connection...' or on/off button next to AnyConnect VPN. Enter your FAN and password when prompted
The button should show as ‘on' once the VPN connection has been established