Installing and using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client on Apple iOS Mobile Devices
Requires iOS 5.0 or later
Screenshots were taken on an iPad (2nd Generation) running iOS 6.1.2. Some windows and dialog boxes may appear different on other iOS devices.
Installing the App
- Tap the following link to open the App Store page for the Cisco AnyConnect app: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/cisco-anyconnect/id392790924?mt=8
- Install the Cisco AnyConnect app (you may be prompted for your Apple ID)
- Open the AnyConnect app from the App Store or home screen
- Tap OK on the popup to enable the VPN capabilities of the App (shown below)
- Tap the ‘Add New VPN Connection...' button, enter the following details and tap Save
Server Address: vpn.flinders.edu.au
Connecting to the VPN
Tap either Flinders under ‘Choose a connection...' or on/off button next to AnyConnect VPN. Enter your FAN and password when prompted.
The button should show as ‘on' once the VPN connection has been established and a VPN indicator will appear in the top bar.