These instructions apply to both computers running Windows 8 and tablet devices such as the Surface RT so there are references to both clicking (desktop/laptop) and tapping/swiping (tablet) the screen throughout the guide.
Note: As of the network upgrades on May 3rd 2014, Windows 8 is able to auto-configure the wireless security so the previous manual profile configuration is no longer required.
Green highlights indicate settings that must be changed and Red highlights indicate the action that must be taken to continue to the next step.
- Open the Charms Bar by pressing the Windows and C keys together (desktop/laptop) or swiping in from the right side of the tablet and then click/tap on Settings:
- Click/tap on available network connections:
- (Optional) If the Charms bar is not appearing, you can go to the Windows Desktop click the network icon in the system tray to move to the next step:
- Click/tap on eduroam:
- Make sure that Connect automatically is ticked and click/tap on the Connect button:
- Enter your username and password in the form below and then click/tap the OK button:
- Tap the Connect button:
- eduroam should show as connected once the process as complete: