If you are travelling overseas and require the use of your mobile phone you need to have International Roaming activated.
To activate International Roaming
You will need to log a request and will be prompted to provide the following information:
- Mobile Service Number
- Mobile User's Name
- Appropriate authorisation from supervisor / head / manager
- Countries of travel
- Dates required from and to
- Roaming Data pack to be applied (if required)
Using data whilst Roaming
Accessing data whilst Roaming is not included in your monthly data allowance and is charged at the 'pay as you go' rate of $3 per MB ($3,000 per GB). It is therefore not recommended due to the high costs. If mobile data is required there are a couple of options for you to avoid these excessive charges.
- Use WI-FI hotspots which are readily available via hotels, airports, cafes and more.
- Purchase a Roaming Data Pack (valid for 30 days).
- Roaming Data Packs are valid for 30 days for use in selected countries only from the date of activation. Any unused data allowance will be forfeited at the end of the 30 day period. Roaming data used in ineligible countries will be charged at the 'pay as you go' rate as detailed above.
- You’ll receive SMS alerts when you use 50%, 85% and 100% of your data pack allowance.
FYI and Tips
- International Roaming must be approved on each occasion you travel.
- International Roaming is disabled on the return date you specify.
- One week's notice prior to depature is required to activate International Roaming.
- To avoid excessive Roaming data charges apply a Roaming Data Pack.
- Check that your Data Pack can be used in the countries you are travelling to.
- Data Roaming can be disabled on an iPhone via the following steps:
- Select Settings
- Select Mobile (or Cellular)
- Turn Data Roaming OFF
- Telstra International Roaming Travel Tips
- Telstra International Roaming Rates
- Telstra International Roaming Pocket Guide (PDF 364KB)