International Roaming is automatically active on all Flinders University mobile services available for business use whilst on University approved travel. Personal use must be reimbursed to the University accordingly. Please discuss personal use with your Cost Centre Manager.
You will only be charged for International Day Pass when you use your mobile overseas.
Please check the countries you are travelling to are eligible for the International Day Pass
Standard International Roaming rates apply for all other countries not listed. Roaming data is charged at the 'pay as you go' rate of $3 per MB ($3,000 per GB) and should be avoided.
Use WI-FI hotspots which are readily available in airports, hotels, cafes and more.
Data Roaming can be disabled on an iPhone via the following steps:
- Select Settings
- Select Mobile (or Cellular)
- Turn Data Roaming OFF
International Day Pass Rates
$10 per day for all eligible countries
- Make and receive unlimited voice calls to standard numbers around the world (including Australia) while in eligible countries. Standard calls includes mobile and landline numbers and excludes premium, directory assist and satellite numbers.
- Send and receive unlimited SMS to standard international numbers in any country (including Australia)
- Some usage is excluded such as MMS, video calls, third-party content charges, calls and SMS to premium numbers, satellite numbers and operator-assisted calls. These are charged at standard international roaming rates.
- 200MB of data per day (Expires daily, based on AEST)
- Excess data: If you go over your daily data allowance before your International Day Pass expires, we’ll automatically add 500MB for $10 available for use in Eligible Countries within 31 days from when it was added.
Eligible countries are:
Argentina, Austria, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Lao, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macau, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, UK, Ukraine, USA, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Vietnam.