Computer Purchasing Guide
- Flinders University has preferred supplier agreements with Dell and Apple for desktop and laptop computers.
- Staff computers should be purchased with an expected lifecycle of four (4) years.
- There is one computer per staff member. If there is a requirement for mobility or work from home, then a laptop should be selected.
- Faculties and Administrative Divisions should select a computer model based on job requirements.
- A list of standard Windows computer models is published to the ITS webpage.
- Monitors and laptop docking stations are not tied to the associated computer and where applicable can be re used with a new computer.
- Computers in shared service areas such as student areas and computer laboratories should be purchased with an expected lifecycle of five (5) years.
- All computers and tablets must be purchased through ITS.
- All retired computers must be returned to ITS for disposal. This will ensure all data and software is erased and hardware is disposed through an accredited E-waste service.