EndNote is a bibliographic database and reference management application.
Flinders University has a site licence agreement to use EndNote, with cost of the software covered by the central budget. The licence agreement allows for use of EndNote on all university computers.
Available for installation on a single computer owned by:
- staff employed by Flinders University
- staff with current formal academic status granted by Flinders University
- staff not directly employed by Flinders University, but whose major employment task is research for, or clerical support for, a member of Flinders academic staff
- students currently enrolled at Flinders University
The right to use EndNote at home ceases immediately upon termination of employment at Flinders University or the cessation of enrolment by a student. A condition of the licence is that the software must be completely removed from your computer should your formal association with Flinders end.
Windows and Macintosh Versions are available and can be downloaded from our site. You will be required to identify yourself by your FAN (Flinders Authentication Name) and password.
Windows based PCs and Macintosh platforms are supported.
There is a PDF (portable document format) copy of the user manual available as part of the software download. This may be printed for your own personal use but otherwise must not be copied or sold.
Information Technology Services will be able to help you with the installation or licensing on any university owned/controlled computers.
The licence does not include individual assistance for users of the product.
Technical support for "Home Use" installations on private computers is not available.
Two types of training courses are available to staff and Research Higher Degree students at Flinders University:
- EndNote - Introduction - This is a practical hands-on course for those who have no experience using the program that which will teach you the basic skills on how to use EndNote
- EndNote - Advanced features - This is a practical hands-on course designed to teach more advanced techniques of using the EndNote to store and manage references, and to use the program to make referencing in journal articles, reports and theses quicker and easier.
Regsitering for the training sessions is required.
Additionally, educational resources are provided on the EndNote website.