Citrix Receiver is available for installation on personally owned devices (referred to as Bring Your Own Device or BYOD) and allows users to connect to University network resources without requiring a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection.
- This article assumes the receiver has been downloaded from https://www.citrix.com/go/receiver.html and installed
- This document is intended to be used to advise how to setup a bring your own device (BYOD). No support outside running a user through these instructions is offered to end users on their bring your own device (BYOD)
Connecting to Citrix XenApp
Method 1 – Using https://xenapp.flinders.edu.au (Recommended method)
This method utilizes the inbuilt features of the Citrix Receiver.
- Open a web browser to https://xenapp.flinders.edu.au
- Logon with your fan
- Where your name exists, click on the drop down menu:
- Click on Activate and save the receiverconfig.cr file
- Execute the .cr file
- Click the add button to the below window
- This will automatically configure the receiver with Flinders University settings.
Method 2 – Manually entering Flinders University details
This is expected to be used only when a user is using a BYOD device. All other options should be covered by Policy for University-managed Windows and Mac computers.
- Open the citrix receiver.
- Select the Accounts option
- Select add an account
- In the Edit Account / Add account screen
- Name, App
- Description, Flinders Applications
- on Flinders network URL, https://xastore.flinders.edu.au/Citrix/app/discovery
- off Flinders network (i.e. at home), https://xenapp.flinders.edu.au
- Press OK and the Receiver should connect and request your username and password. Enter your Flinders FAN and password and connect.