If you ever forget your password, or are locked out of your account, Okta allows you to regain access yourself, provided you have set up self-service password reset in advance.
You can setup self-service password reset by entering or updating your mobile number in the Okta Settings page.
- Click on your first name as it appears in the menu bar of the Okta dashboard (okta.flinders.edu.au).
- Click on “Settings”.
- In the section for the mobile number (Forgot Password Text Message), click “Edit Phone Number”.
- Change the country code to be the country of the mobile service you use (usually Australia) and enter the phone number as you would normally (eg 04xx xxx xxx in Australia).
- You will receive a 6 digit verification code on your phone; enter that into the pop up screen and your mobile number is set.
NOTE: If you ever change your mobile phone number, make sure you update it in Okta, as otherwise you won't be able to retrieve the code needed to reset your Flinders password.
Resetting Your Password with the Mobile Number
In future, if you ever find that you can’t access your account, you can regain access yourself, without the need to call anyone, or wait!
- Under the "Sign In" button on the Okta login screen, click on "Need help signing in?" and choose "Forgot password?".
- Enter your FAN where it says "Email or Username" and choose “Reset via SMS”.
- Okta sends a 6-digit verification code to your mobile via SMS, and displays a screen where the verification code can be entered.
- Enter the verification code.
- Okta prompts you with the personal "forgot password" question you set during Okta setup.
- Answer the question.
- If the answer is not recognised, you may have typed it differently to how it's expected. If on the other hand you have forgotten the answer, you can't proceed: you will need to call your help desk to regain access to your account.
- Follow the prompts to reset your password.