A collection of books from the library of Kenneth Binns (1882-1969), first Australian National Librarian, and his wife Joan Binns, comprising 14 books of plays, mainly British and Australian, from the 1920s, 1930s and 1940s.
List of books:
- Marriott, J.W. (selected by), One-act plays of to-day (Australian edition) London; Sydney: George G. Harrap & Co., 1936, c. 1944.
- Hampden, John (selected by), Twenty one-act plays, London: J.M. Dent, 1941, c. 1938.
- Priestley, J.B.; Odets, Clifford; Williams, Emlyn, Theatre omnibus: Time and the Conways; Golden Boy; The Corn is Green, London: Readers Union, 1941.
- Esson, Louis, The Southern cross and other plays, Melbourne: Robertson & Mullens, 1946.
- Coward, Noel, Collected Sketches and Lyrics, London: Hutchinson, n.d.
- Pakington, Mary; Nesbit, C.M; Talbot, A.; Schofield, Stephen, The marble god & other one-act plays, Oxford: Basil Blackwell, 1926
- Sutro, Alfred; Bax, Cliord; Herbert, AP.; Ferguson, J..; Down, Oliphant, Seven famous one-act plays, Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1939, c. 1937.
- Gielgud, Val (selected by), Radio theatre: plays specially written for broadcasting, London: Macdonald & Co., 1946.
- Galsworrthy, John, Three plays: Escape; The Eldest Son; The Skin Game, London: Pan Books, 1948
- Dane, Clemence; Addinsell, Richard (music composed by), The Saviours: text of the radio plays, London: William Heinemann, 1942.
- Shepherd, Catherine, Daybreak, Melbourne: MUP, 1942.
- Cusack, Dymphna, Red sky at morning, Melbourne: MUP, 1942.
- Roland, Betty, The touch of silk, Melbourne: MUP, 1942.
- Locke-Elliot, Sumner, Interval, Melbourne: MUP, 1942
For more information view this list of books in FindIt@Flinders.
General conditions of access apply.