Special Collections - Conditions of Access
Some collections have specific conditions, usually at the request of the donor. See web pages for the individual Collections to ascertain their conditions of access.
Unless otherwise stated, the following conditions apply to Special Collections:
- Special Collections material is available for use by students and staff of the University, and by members of the public at the discretion of the Special Collections Librarian, on production of adequate identification. The Library reserves the right to keep records of usage of the Collections.
- Material may not leave the Special Collections reading room and is used under the supervision of the Special Collections Librarian.
- Fragile or manuscript material is available for consultation at the discretion of the Special Collections Librarian, taking into account its condition and the research needs of the patron. Particular care must be taken of this material, and if necessary, protective gloves will be provided. The condition of the material is to be checked by the Special Collections Librarian before and after use by a reader.
- Photocopying is to be permitted at the discretion of the Special Collections Librarian, taking into account the condition of the material, and must comply with normal Copyright laws. Photocopying of fragile material, if permitted, will be done by Special Collections staff at a cost of 20c per page.
- Acknowledgement of the Flinders University Library Special Collections must be made in all publications using material from any of the manuscript collections.
For more information on conditions of access, please contact the Special Collections Librarian.