The Australian Festival of Light was a Christian lobby group with the aims of promoting Christian standards of behaviour, strengthening the family as the basic unit of society, and researching the effects of modern trends of family and community life. It is now called FamilyVoice Australia.
In 2002 Dr David Hilliard of the History Department donated a small collection of materials concerning the Festival of Light gathered during the course of his research. This collection contains pamphlets, correspondence, circulars, publicity material and magazines, ranging from the years 1972 to 1999.
General conditions of access apply.
List of files
Box 1 - Files
- Abortion / Pro-life / Right to life material
- Annual appeals, order forms
- Conferences, events, rallies etc.
- Correspondence (2 folders)
- Magazine articles and publications
- Newspaper articles 1972-1994
- Pamphlets and other literature 1972-1974
- Resource papers and reports, 1973-1985
Box 2 - Magazines
- 'South Australian Festival Focus' 1978 - 1999
- 'Light' Magazine 1973-1997
- News Bulletins 1985-1990
- Periodical publications 1973-1991 including 'The Australian Evangelical,' 'Community Standards News,' 'Crusade,' 'On Being,' 'Australian Christian Solidarity,' 'Right to Life Newsletter' etc.