In 2001 Elizabeth Silsbury, retired lecturer from Education at Flinders, donated this material on which her book State of Opera : an intimate new history of The State Opera of South Australia 1957-2000 was based.
The extent of the Collection is 2.5 metres of shelving, and items include:
- Chronological files of reviews, programmes etc. for opera performances in SA from 1957 to 2000.
- Issues of newspaper "Opera Australia" from 1985 to 2001 (imperfect run)
- Minutes etc. from New Opera, South Australia.
- Files concerning New Opera productions (1970s)
- State Opera of SA Annual Reports 1980, 1982/3-1988, 1990/1-1999.
- Material relating to //State of Opera// by Elizabeth Silsbury, including correspondence, drafts, transcripts of interviews, and manuscripts.
Items can be found by searching within the South Australian Opera Collection in FindIt@Flinders:
General Special Collections conditions of access apply.