Food and Drink Guidelines
The Library’s aim in trying to manage food and drink is to maintain an environment that is conducive to study. This involves a concern for both the immediate comfort of users and the long term maintenance of the fabric of the buildings and the collection.
Things that are acceptable
- Drinks in covered containers that will prevent spillage when they are carried.
- For example water and other drinks in containers with screw lids, coffee in cups with lids or cans of soft drink.
- Snack foods such as crisps, chocolates and biscuits, sandwiches and cakes and other bakery goods are acceptable.
- Food sold at OneByte is acceptable.
Things that are not acceptable
- Drinks in open containers, for example open cups of coffee.
- Alcohol in any form.
- Hot messy food such as chips, pizza, noodles etc.
These guidelines do not apply in the Special Collections Unit where food and drink are not permitted.