Open to editors (or potential editors) of journals or scholarly magazines who are connected to the University in some capacity. This is a group for editors with an ongoing responsibility for producing publications, rather than advisory board members or reviewers.
The initial meeting was held on 3 November 2016.
Please join the mailing list to be kept informed of future meetings and activities and join in online discussions.
Aims of the group:
- Greater visibility of the role of journal editors among the university community
- Advocacy for recognition of journal editing and other related activities
- Sharing experience across discipline boundaries and publication models - for example, international academic publishing platforms, scholarly or professional societies or collectives, institution-based open access publications, student-focussed
- Opportunities to discuss common problems
- Mentoring for new editors
Activities of the group
- Quarterly meetings for information sharing
- Meet the Editor sessions for authors - to be offered as part of the Research Higher Degree Professional Development Program. See RHDPDP page to enrol for workshops.
- An email discussion group
- Formulating or sharing resources for editors
Community of Practice convenor: Dr Gillian Dooley