Research Data Management Information and Advice
Increasingly, granting bodies are requiring data management plans before allocating funds. eResearch@Flinders is currently working on a system that will assist researchers to formulate these plans, and we need people to help us test the system. If you would like to help, please get in touch!
For more information contact see our Research Data Management Services page
High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Flinders has HPC facilites within the School of Computing Science, Engineering and Mathematics. For more information and advice contact eResearch@flinders.edu.au
- eResearch SA also provides HPC facilities and expert technical advice.
- Flinders researchers may also start a virtual machine from their desktop using the Australian research cloud .
- For more information and advice eResearch@flinders.edu.au
- FLO may be set up as an online collaboration tool to support research projects. For more information, please email eResearch@flinders.edu.au
- New collaboration tools have been developed to support researchers in particular disciplines, using common instruments or using common methodologies. All are in different stages of development. Some of those that have been launched are listed here.
- Genomics Virtual Laboratory - a platform for genomic analysis providing access to popular sources of data like the UCSC Table Browser and use of a number of integrated tools.
- Quadrant - a web based service that offers tools to manage interview based research projects including data storage.
- Oz Track - eResearch tools for the the storage, analysis and visualisation of animal tracking data
- Virtual Geophysics Laboratory - provides geophycists with ability to download, sub-set and process data in a generic/expandable platform.
- See information about all the tools .
- Flinders has a Statistics Consulting service that can:
- provide one on one consultations
- deliver workshops or tutorials
- assist in applications for restricted access data
- provide IBM SPSS technical support
Flinders University Library offers a publication support service to research students and staff, including:
- Advice about publishing projects and other ways to disseminate research
- Workshops for Research Higher Degree students and early career researchers
- Individual consultations to researchers at all levels
- Advice for editors of journals, books or conference proceedings
For more information see Publishing your Research