University ID Cards

Student cards

Your Flinders Student ID card is also your library card. You will not be able to borrow from the Library without it. Lost cards must be reported to the Library or Security as soon as possible.
Your student card may also be used as a stored credit facility for photocopying and printing in the library. It can also be used as a security card to gain access to University buildings.
A student card is issued when you enrol at Flinders, New ID cards are issued from the ID Cards Counter in the Central Library, Monday to Friday, 9am – 4.45pm.

Replacement ID Cards cost $10. To get a replacement ID Card, pay the $10 fee using iPay ( ) before bringing your receipt to the ID Cards Counter in the Central Library to receive your replacement card.

Staff cards

Flinders staff must have a current record on the University's Human Resource system in order to be able to borrow from the Library. New staff will need to come to the Library and provide current proof of identification and a letter of introduction from their school or division. A card can then be issued.

Postal application for a Flinders University Student ID and Library card

The following procedure is for those students who are unable to visit the Central Library during normal business hours.
NOTE: If you have a Student ID card that has expired, please contact Enrolment Services on 1300 360 351. You do NOT need a new card.

  • You must include one (1) passport colour photo
  • The back of the photograph must state that it is a true likeness of you and be signed by a competent person, e.g. JP, Doctor, Lawyer, Accountant, Academic, Teacher, Librarian, Director of Nursing, Professional Photographer, Pharmacist etc.
  • Please complete and print the Postal ID card request and return to:
Student ID Cards
Central Library
Flinders University
GPO Box 2100