The role of the Strategic Marketing team is to position Flinders in a globally significant context. We differentiate the institution among competitors and engage local and international audiences, while building a university-wide community of practice among marketing and communication professionals.
- Provide marketing leadership and services aligned with strategic priorities including student recruitment, research and community engagement.
- Deliver a suite of marketing services from reporting, copywriting and graphic design to brand, reputation and campaign management.
- Develop and manage the University’s digital strategy and social media channels.
- Manage relationships with creative agencies and deliver projects through a network of suppliers.
- Manage functional and brand advertising through the Government’s Master Media Agreement.
Flinders University is now part of the State Government’s Master Media Agency Agreement. As such we are obliged to place all advertising bookings through MEC or Blaze Adverting agencies. This means that faculties, schools and other areas of the University benefit from significant cost savings by booking media through the central account held by Flinders’ Office of Communication and Engagement (OCE).