The Medical Device Partnering Program (MDPP) is a collaboration between Australian researchers, end-users and industry to develop cutting-edge medical devices and assistive technologies and bring them to the market. The MDPP supports the development of products with an identified clinical need, sound technical solution and a viable market opportunity.
The objective of the MDPP is to provide a streamlined approach to the product development process, from early stage concepts right through to manufactured products.
The award-winning MDPP:
- Brings together a network of stakeholders in the medical device development process, providing support for industry growth;
- Facilitates new, targeted partnerships between research organisations, end-users and companies;
- Provides a platform for identifying and assessing new product opportunities with clinical relevance;
- Undertakes early-stage technical exploration projects to develop concept models and demonstrate product potential;
- Provides practical assistance in taking ideas closer to the market;
- Provides a non-competitive environment for research collaboration across research institutions.
As well as focusing on traditional medical device development for clinical use, we have a strong focus on technologies that will assist the ageing and disability sectors. A key driver of these sectors is the desire to enable elderly to stay in their homes.
Why submit a product idea through the MDPP?
- Independent and confidential review of the product;
- Access to cutting edge researchers, technology and facilities;
- Delivery of project outcomes and reports (including any market research, patent information, evaluations and research data);
- Connections to other resources and information;
- For a cash contribution of AUD$5,000 (+GST), the client receives up to 250 hours of professional expertise which may include prototype development, proof of concept work, product validation or evaluation. The applicant will also receive a 30 hour market report.
- MTP project could be used to leverage additional funding from other sources.