The Northern Territory Medical Program (NTMP) values its links with Indigenous, wider Australian and international communities.
NTMP staff foster these links by:
- Committing time and resources to visiting Indigenous communities.
- Contributing expertise to boards and committees.
- Undertaking collaborative research.
- Presenting papers at conferences.
- Hosting public lectures.
- Sponsoring national and international visits.
- Engaging with on and off campus community and education partners in relation to the roles and functions of the Indigenous Transitions to Medicine Unit, the NTMP and the University.
Our friendship agreement with the Larrakia Nation Aboriginal Corporation is an example of a working relationship that benefits NTMP staff and students and the community.
NTMP site visits
Site visits of the NTMP can be organised for student or community groups interested in visiting us. Tours can include:
- Tours of NTMP facilities
- Information sessions
- Resuscitation mannequins
- Blood pressure readings
- Hand washing station
- Bandaging and splinting
- Pain response activities