Supervisor Professional Development
As part of our commitment to clinical health supervisors in the Northern Territory, Flinders NT provide professional development opportunities to enhance your experiences with students and junior staff. These opportunities are chosen and designed to benefit supervisors regardless of their area of practice.
Clinical Supervision Workshops
These workshops allow you to expand your theoretical knowledge and practical skills in workplace-based clinical supervision. The facilitators help you contextualize your learning and promote discussion of issues that enhance your confidence as an effective clinical supervisor. Workshops are available face-to-face or as a webinar series.
Topics covered include:
- The unique factors of workplace-based learning and teaching including essential planning
- Engaging with and teaching learners using proven tools. The One Minute Preceptor.
- Promoting learning through feedback
- Developing as a supervisor through further professional development activities
- The 4 step method of teaching a clinical skill, demonstrating how this model fosters effective learning.
- Supporting learners in Difficulty: How do you address the situation of a learner who appears hostile, is lacking in confidence or acting unprofessionally?
To be advised of workshop dates contact us
Peer Support Strategies for Supervisors
Check out the resources here for supervisors to work collaboratively with peers to increase confidence in, and quality of, workplace supervision.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
For more information about Supervisor Professional Development contact us