If you are interested in Virology there are currently 2 topics with a strong Virology focus that are aimed at a second year level for students with a background in biological sciences.
- BIOL2761 Virology (second year, semester 1)
- MMED2935 Human Immunology and Infectious Diseases (second year, semester 2). The course timetable and information booklet for 2016 is available below.
A Medical Virology, immunology and immunopathogenesis topic aimed at 3rd year level is also available (MMED3939). The two second year topics highlighted above are suggested requirements for this third year topic. The course timetable and information booklet for 2016 is available below.
Contact Jill Carr or Peter Speck for information on the above topics.
The following streams of study indicated below are recommended but not essential. These topics can be selected from courses such as Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Medical Science.
Basic chemistry is also recommended but not essential
- MMED1005 How Your Body Works: Human Physiology and Structure, is recommended for those interested in Medical Virology
- BIOL2771 Biochemistry
- BIOL2772 Molecular Biology
- BIOL3761 Foundations in Microbiology
- MMED2934 Introduction to Human Molecular Genetics
- MMED2931 Human Physiology
- BIOL3782 Advanced Microbiology: Microbial Ecology and Infectious Disease