If you have an accident or injury during working hours you should:

  1. Get treatment from any of the following:
    • First Aid ;
    • University Health & Counselling Service;
    • Your own doctor;
    • Flinders Medical Centre;
    • Any other hospital.

You have the right to choose where you go for medical treatment.

Advise your treating doctor that the injury is work related and obtain a Workers' Compensation Medical Certificate from the doctor.

  1. Report the accident/injury/incident

You must report (orally or by email) the accident/injury to your supervisor as soon as possible.

You must also complete an  Accident/Incident Report Form (PDF 150KB) and forward it to the OHS Unit, via your supervisor, within 24hours. If you are unable to complete the form due to the accident, arrangements must be made for your supervisor to complete the form, to investigate the accident/incident and forward the form to the OHS Unit .

If your supervisor is absent, you must forward the form directly to the OHS Unit.

  1. If appropriate, apply for Workers Compensation
  1. Students, Visitors and Contractors

Students, visitors and contractors are not covered by Flinders University workers compensation insurance but may have other insurance cover.

Students, visitors and contractors should report accidents/incidents arising from work/activities at University premises using the above procedures.

The University Insurance Officer (tel 8201 2618) can provide advice about insurance cover for students, visitors and contractors.