What is Flinders Indigenous Tuition?
Formerly know as ITAS, Flinders Indigenous Tuition (FIT) is a Commonwealth funded scheme that provides tertiary tuition for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students studying a degree program at the University.
How does it work?
Students are eligible for 2 hours tuition per week per subject, which may be accumulated to a maximum of 6 hours in any one week, and an additional five hours in each semester for exam preparation. The amount and frequency of tuition provided is based on the educational needs of the student.
Tuition is available on an individual and/or group basis.
If you are a current Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student studying at Flinders and you wish to apply for FIT tutoring you will need to:
read the FIT Student Application pack, and
complete the Student Application form, and submit in person, via email or online lodgement
Student registration forms
- ITAS Student Pack OISE (PDF 252KB)
- Flinders Indigenous Tuition (FIT) Student Application Form (PDF 1MB)
To register as an FIT tutor you will need to:
- read the FIT Guide for Tutors,
- complete the Tutor Registration form and submit in person, via email or online lodgement
- provide evidence of qualifications and identification
Registration as a tutor does not guarantee employment
Tutor / Student Program Forms
- FIT Session Verification Form (PDF 1MB)
- Flinders Indigenous Tution Student Work Program _Progress Report (PDF 1MB)