Bound and Unbound: Sovereign Acts –
decolonising methodologies of the lived and spoken Act 1
Act 1- Fontanelle Gallery exhibition: 24 August - 21 September 2014
Artists: Ali Gumillya Baker (and curator), Simone Ulalka Tur, Faye Rosas Blanch, Natalie Harkin
This is a selection of works from the exhibition Bound and Unbound: Sovereign Acts – decolonising methodologies of the lived and spoken Act 1
The colonial imagination/down among the wild men, 2014 - digital video, Ali Gumillya Baker
It so Hip to be BLAK, 2014 - digital video, Faye Rosas Blanch and Ali Gumillya Baker.
Archive Fever Paradox / Whitewash-Brainwash, (excerpt) 2014 - digital video, Natalie Harkin.
Archive Fever Paradox / Ode to the Board of Anthropological Research, 2014 - digital video, Natalie Harkin.
Tall ships Part 2, 2014 - digital video, Ali Gumillya Baker.
Simone Ulalka Tur and Katie Inawantji Morrison. Thanks to Nancy Bates for assistance with the adaptation to a song of the Dedication poem by Mona Ngitji Ngitji Tur.
> invitation (PDF 1MB)
> floorsheet unbound Act 1 floorsheet (PDF 694KB)
> closing performance 4-6pm 20/9
- I am in the House, 2014
- Bow Down to the Sovereign Goddess performance, 2011
- Squeezebox, Sand Dune Dance, 2001
- RealTime review issue #123 Oct-Nov 2014
- Our Mob Contemporary: Behind the Glass
- 'I Citizen' featuring Faye Rosas Blanch
- Courting Blakness exhibition and symposium
- Seven Sisters panel speaking out at Sydney Writers Festival
- 'Historia' exhibition
- Opening of 'Historia' exhibition, 'Tall Ships' performance'
- Artlink Review - Cody Edgar